Factors to Consider While Developing Cost of a Website
The process of website development has been upgraded and transformed like never before, all thanks to the ever-increasing use of technology. Every business is willing to gain an upgraded status and there is no harm in doing so either because if you don’t do it, your competitor will surely do! As per Clutch, people do spend more time online these days as compared to the past few years and this trend is increasing day after day. According to their survey, more than 60% of participants spent around 6 hours a day on the internet. Now imagine you have a contemplating-looking website that is beautifully designed and developed, of course, this will cost you money! Sometimes website development can cost you an arm and leg. So here the following post focuses well on how much it cost of developing a website.
How Much Does it Cost to Conduct a Website Development Project?
However, there is no cookie-cutter answer to the question of how much it will cost in developing a website. It totally depends on your needs and requirements. Let me explain to you by giving a better example, let’s say you are buying a car. Now when you start looking for one, you may come across a variety of economical ones that are best in regard to price, comfort and mileage but if you want a luxury aspect as well, then you need to customize it well. And thank god, these automobiles can be seamlessly customized.
Much like them, website development also comprises endless opportunities. Well, but there are certain features and functionalities that a website must comprise of, no matter how big or small your business is. Also, further, we will find out certain factors that are highly responsible for the cost of developing a website.
Website Must-have Features Checklist
- Attractive home page design
- Quick and easy navigation
- Website Footer is a must
- Intuitive and intimidating design
- The say it all about us page
- Reviews and Testimonials
- What do past clients think about you?
- Internal web pages
- Must be able to offer a great user experience
- Offer amazing visual experience
- Descriptive content
- Backend Admin
- Seamless accessibility
- Page loading speed
- Clear Call to Action is a must
- Value propositions
You see your website will be the freaking face of your company so you better put much effort into it. Now many of you have this misconception that a website turns out to be better when ample money is spent. Well, you should know website development is one of the core projects that you will be conducting for the enhancement and success of your business but there will be several other projects that require money and lots of it. So a cost-effective website can also do the tricks here. Are you ready to get started with a web development project that loads fast, is easy to navigate, and of course stands out from the competition?
Now generally the cost of website development depends on how much time it will take to finish. Of course, there are so many other factors which we will mention further below.
Top Website Development Factors that affect the Price
#1 The choice of the development platform
One of the obvious factors that can directly impact the cost of website development is the choice of your platform. You see when you choose a content management system such as a CMS, the cost can be pretty low. As most of the CMSs are available for free use. Also, content management systems such as WordPress allow you to change as well as make relevant adjustments, in other words here customization is possible and that too without inputting much effort and money.
WordPress is one of the most well-established platforms that turns out to be a good fit for you. Here no matter how customized the approach is, the open-source platform has the potential to cover it all. So relevant cost, easy customization, easy to get started with, what else do you need?
In addition to the choice of the development platform, you also need to consider hosting services. Several examples such as Wix, Shopify, and GoDaddy can be considered here which are again pretty cost-effective and at the same time offer the best possible results.
Also Read: Differences between websites and web applications
#2 Responsive Website Design
Another crucial factor to take into consideration is responsive website design. Well, with the increasing technological advancements, the need for responsive website design has increased as well. You see, people are no longer bound to stick to their computing devices such as laptops or desktops. In fact, most of the websites are being seen via mobile devices and smartphones. So you must be capable of taking care of all needs and a responsive website design can work wonders here. Your website must be compatible with every device, be it Android or iOS.
First of all, for developing a responsive website, you need to understand the volume of visitors and especially what devices they are using. You see, when you have accurate data and details, precise and successful decisions can be taken. Also, this can have a great impact on the cost of website development.
#3 Have you determined the Complexity Level yet?
Yes, this factor might seem unimportant in the beginning but it is somehow. How complex or not-so-complex you want to develop a website will have a great impact on the overall cost of the development project. Let us see how the level of complexity can impact a website.
- Are you developing a simple web app – Well, these are pretty basic and in other words, these websites are the ones which comprise simple basic features and functionalities. Here the level of interactive elements and content is pretty minimal. And you know what is the best part of these simple-looking websites? First, they can be developed pretty fast as well as they turn out to be pretty much cost-effective. I am sure you must have come across static web apps, they are the best example of a simple web app.
- Moderately complex – Another type that can affect the cost of developing a website is a moderately complex website. These are dynamic web apps which require more time, effort and of course money in comparison to the static ones. You see here you will find more and more interactive pages and that’s the reason the level of complexity while developing increases. So if you are someone who is willing to expand your customer base and grab better business opportunities, then this is it! Go for moderately complex websites.
- Totally complex websites – Last but certainly not least we have websites that are totally complex. These types of website development projects are pretty time-consuming and can lead to huge expenses. However, they are worth considering. Some of the best examples to consider here are eCommerce apps and we all know how eCommerce apps are growing and becoming one of the most profit-spinning realms. At first, these types of website development projects might seem costly but trust me they will offer benefits like none other and you will be able to reap benefits for the long haul.
#4 Search Engine Optimization
SEO or search engine optimization is another interesting factor that has to be kept in mind especially when you are determining the cost of website development. Yes, you heard me! After all, we are not developing websites just for the sake of it, you do want them to rank on the search engines quickly so that you can attract as many visitors as you can. Boosting visitors is possible only through SEO and for that, you need to hire reliable professionals who can assist well in enhancing leads and increase in sales.
When you perform SEO in the right manner, users are bound to stay on your web page for the long haul. Also, your website’s performance can be enhanced to a great extent.
Also Read: Essential Web UX UI Design Tips
#5 Integrating with another site
Are you planning to collaborate with another website? Let’s say you are having an app and what if you try linking it with another application? Linking or integrating with other websites can have a huge impact on the overall cost of website development.
I understand it’s a lot to take in for the first timers but trust me once you have nailed down all the aforementioned aspects, that’s it your website development cost can be easily determined. Also, here you no longer need to spend extravagantly. I hope the following post turned out to be pretty insightful. In case, if there is something that’s bothering you, feel free to share it with us right here in the comment section below. Good luck with your first web development venture.